Moisture Builds Up in Your Home
Did you know Daily activities, such as cooking, cleaning and showering can add as much as 25 pounds of moisture to your home?
Your air conditioner is designed to control temperature, not humidity. This is why even when the AC is cranked to full, it can still feel muggy inside.
High humidity can also cause health problems. The excess moisture in your home can cause mold and mildew to grow, and creates an ideal environment for Dust Mites to thrive. These types of contaminants can aggravate and exacerbate respiratory problems such as asthma, and allergy symptoms.
Here are some signs you may have a humidity problem in your household:
Signs of excess moisture
- Condensation on windows, mirrors, cold drinks
- Wood floors, doors, or trim is ‘swelling’, warping, or rotting
- Your Home becomes a breeding ground for insects
- Uncomfortable sweating or general ‘mugginess’ at normal indoor temperatures
- You feel ‘sticky’ in the summer or ‘clammy; during winter
- There is a musty scent in your home
Fighting Back against Humidity
All homes need humidity control. And many southern climates need it year round. Airone offers several dehumidifier options to meet your family’s needs.
For more information or to schedule a visit, contact Airone today!