According to the World Health Organization, those who live in damp or moldy buildings have up to 75% more chance of suffering respiratory problems and asthma.
Source: “Poor indoor air quality increases risk of respiratory problems,” Environmental Technology, www.envirotech-online.com.
Relative humidity in Greater New Orleans and Metairie can top 91% on a summer day! By removing moisture from sticky indoor air, dehumidifiers can help balance indoor humidity levels and minimize the potential for mold and other pollutants. Maintaining relative humidity levels below 60% protects against the spread of mold and mildew, which can help control potential health and liability issues.
Signs that you have too much moisture in your home:
- Areas that are always damp
- Musty odors
- Cracking or flaking paint
- Condensation stains on your ceiling
- Condensation or frost on windows
- Peeling wall paper
Air One recommends the Humidtrol® Whole Home Dehumidification System for total home comfort and air quality you can feel!
- Manages the moisture in your home’s air for greater comfort and improved indoor air quality [View Animation]
- Patented Humiditrol® technology helps reduce humid conditions in the home, reducing the opportunity for mold and mildew problems
- Designed to easily integrate with Lennox cooling products and touchscreen thermostats to provide optimal comfort, indoor air quality and energy efficiency
- Maintains optimal humidity, minimizing the impact of potential airborne pollutants